Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Un piccolo posto

Spring break is booked! We will be traveling through Spain for 10 days!

Flight from Florence to Madrid
Train from Madrid to Seville
Flight from Seville to Valencia
Train from Valencia to Barcelona
Flight from Barcelona to Florence

It is going to be a whirlwind tour of Espana! I am excited to see Spanish cities and TCU friends in Seville! Also, LA PLAYA! We will most definitely be visiting beaches in Valencia and Barcelona, weather permitting of course (crossing my fingers).

We've also booked all of our other excursions for the semester:

Rome
Spain (Madrid, Seville, Valencia, Barcelona)
Amsterdam
Munich

And I need to research what I am doing/where I am going for the two weeks that Jennifer and I will be travelling after classes are over. I'm thinking relax and read a book for a few days on the French Riviera. Maybe fly to Dublin or Edinburgh, then London, and make our way to Paris, where our flight home leaves.

But back to Italy! Yesterday, on the way home from school, I see this man running across a busy street and straight for me. I ponder and ascertain that he is a shoplifter when I see the saleswoman chasing after him in her high heels, yelling Italian profanities and shaking her fist. Traffic stopped and I seriously considered tripping him or something, but I decided an innocent American shouldn't involve himself in Italian criminal activity. Probably a wise choice, but it wouuld have been fun to have been a hero for a day!

TCU friends from Seville and Little Rock friends from Barcelona are coming in town this weekend! Time to put on my Florentine tour cap!

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much I am hating you right now. But seriously, I'm glad you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you planning on studying abroad at some point?

    ReplyDelete