Monday, April 5, 2010

Quando Jennifer arriva a Firenze

Jennifer is in town! She and two of her friends who are also studying in Aix en Provence, France are traveling around Italy for the next two weeks while they're on spring break. They're starting here in Florence, then heading to Venice, Rome, and Cinque Terre. They have Eurail passes, so taking trains everywhere is cheaper.

Jennifer will be turning 21 next week in Cinque Terre and I think I am going to meet here there!! Some other TCU folks went there this weekend and their pictures look too good not to go! Until then, I am showing Jennifer what it means to be Florentine. I hope I have done a good job so far! It was Easter (Pasqua) yesterday, so we went to mass at Santa Croce after watching the celebration in Piazza del Duomo. They shot fireworks off an ornate cart! Last night, we made dinner for the group. Unfortunately, my dishes didn't turn out the way I had planned....bo.

In other news, I signed up for fall classes. Unfortunately, the course offerings and times are not working to my advantage. I have to drop my Italian minor :( I am really mad about that. That is one of the reasons I came here and now I can't finish it! Hopefully I can work out some sort of compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment